last updated: 27 June 2012 (indicated with *)
Here are some useful extensions, scripts, and tutorials for Tumblr. Scripts require a simple, one click install for Google Chrome. Firefox users may need to download Greasemonkey first before installing scripts.
As far as I know, these scripts/extensions can work together.
I’ll add more links as I think of them, and feel free to share your own tips or resources. Please note that I didn’t make any of these resources, nor do I personally use all of them, so while I’m happy to answer simple questions, it’s probably best to ask the actual creator of the extension/tutorial/tool/etc.
- Missing E - Probably the most popular Tumblr extension. Features: one click reblog/queue/drafts, automatically clears all tags when reblogging, adds tags to ask/reply, allows one click reply to comments (hold down the shift key to reply to multiple comments), shuffle queue, adds timestamp to posts on your dashboard, replaces text (reblog, notes) with picture icons, and more. Downside: Tumblr apparently hates Missing E, and will try to scare you into disabling it.
- Xkit - Similar to Missing E. Some additional features: Unfollower check (how to install), shorten long posts on dashboard, highlight or blacklist key terms in posts, download mp3 from audio posts.
- Tumblr Savior - Blacklist tags that you do not want to see on your dashboard. Downside: Not everyone tags.
Some selections from a larger collection of scripts:
- Tumblr Life - Quick links to sort your dashboard by content (photos, text, quotes, video, etc), adds keyboard shortcuts.
- Tumblr Hate - Do you keep seeing the same post reblogged in your dashboard? This script lets you “hate” that post so you won’t see it again.
- Tumblr Helper - Create post templates with common settings, add personal notes to users on your dashboard
- Tumtaster - download mp3s from tumblr
- Notification eraser - If you have one post that keeps getting a ton of notes and clogging your dash, you can block the notifications.
- Tumblr Stats - hover over an avatar to see a user’s stats
- Block posts by source
- Don’t Ask - stop ask posts on your dashboard
- Make avatars bigger on your dashboard
- Unfollower Hater
- Edit tags from your dash
- Hide Tumblr Radar
- Tumblr Settings - Change URL, ask and submit options, enable replies, time zone settings.
- Tumblr Preferences - Dashboard preferences, email address and password reset.
- Tumblr bookmarklet
- Tumblr Mega-Editor - mass edit your posts (Missing E will provide the additional options to edit posts by type)
- http://www.tumblr.com/show/photos (replace photos with other types of posts to filter your dash)
- How to reblog by post type (reblog a post as text, link, etc)
- Use “read more” in text posts
- View posts by date on a tumblr - http://username.tumblr.com/day/YEAR/MONTH/DAY [ie: 2011/12/31]
- Tumblr Radar Archive
- View your posts/tags in chronological order
- Best of your tumblr - find your most popular posts
- Tumblr Stats - tells you about your tumblr (more)
- Tumblr Tags - view all your tags
- Disqus - add comments section to your tumblr
- Trntbl - listen to all the music/audio posts on a tumblr
- Make a word cloud
- Tumblr Backup Application (for Mac)
- Tumblr Stalkr - see who doesn’t follow you, new followers, and unfollowers
- Add music player to your tumblr
- How to unfollow deactivated Tumblrs
- How to change your URL (redirect visitors)
Tumblr theme customization:
- Make a blogroll
- Theme recovery
- Combine ask and submit box
- How to add text to your ask page
- Add a search box that will search your tags
- Tumblr themes
- Get rid of source in posts
- Upload static file to Tumblr (ideal for images, css, scripts, etc) *
- Tumblr HTML codes *
- Google Analytics
- Revolver Map
- Users online / Visitor counter
- Flag counter
- Followers counter
- Know Anon - if you are getting harassed by anons, you can use this to find out their identity
- Promote your Tumblr